He was a fire warden for the Douglas Forest Protective Association.
What does DFPA stand for?
DFPA stands for Douglas Forest Protective Association (Oregon)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DFPA
We have 4 other meanings of DFPA in our Acronym Attic
- Duty Failure to Perform
- Dynamic Feedback Protocol (Cisco)
- Dysfunctional Family Picnic (K-Rock event; New York City radio station)
- Darlington Festival for Performing Arts (UK)
- Daughters of the Founders and Patriots of America
- Defense Fire Protection Association
- Department of Fine and Performing Arts (Loyola University Chicago)
- Department of Forests and Protected Areas
- Digital Focal Plane Array
- Direction de la Formation Professionnelle et de l'Apprentissage (French: Directorate of Professional Training and Learning)
- Dual Frequency Patch Antenna
- Dansk Forening for Passiv Brandsikring (Danish: Danish Association for Passive Fire Protection)
- Digital Frequency/Phase Comparator
- Direction de Formation et de Perfectionnement des Cadres
- Direction de la Formation Professionnelle Continue (French: Directorate of Continuing Professional Training)
- Division of Facilities Planning and Construction (Indian Health Service; US DHHS)
- Droits des Femmes et Participation Citoyenne (French: Women's Rights and Citizen Participation; Canada)
- Dynamic Filtering Power Cable
- Dana-Farber/Partners Cancer Care Bone Marrow Transplant Program (Brigham & Women's Hospital)
- Deepak Fertilizers and Petrochemicals Corporation Limited (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Crews from the Douglas Forest Protective Association extinguished grass and log deck fires started by flying fire brands from the mill.
Byline: The Register-Guard Program recruits teens for fire prevention tasks The Douglas Forest Protective Association is recruiting 16- and 17-year-old youths for the Douglas County Work Training Program.
Pasture burns are made safe by the construction of fire trails and the presence of fire suppression equipment and personnel, he said, adding that ranchers are not allowed to burn unless they have their burn site inspected by a Douglas Forest Protective Association officer.
In addition, the Coos and Douglas forest protective associations imposed tighter restrictions on industrial operations in private, state and federal timberlands this week due to the fire risk.
More than 40 firefighters from North Douglas, Elkton, Scottsburg, Cottage Grove and Douglas Forest Protective Association worked for over an hour to bring the fire at 7581 Highway 38 under control.
The Douglas Forest Protective Association and the Umpqua National Forest also will go into fire season Monday, triggering restrictions on logging and forest recreation as well as unregulated outdoor debris burning for rural Douglas County residents.
DOUGLAS COUNTY Fire restrictions eased: Recent rains have prompted the Umpqua National Forest and Douglas Forest Protective Association to lower industrial fire restrictions.