DAFNE, which stands for Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating, is a training programme which gives people with Type 1 diabetes the skills to estimate the carbohydrate content of meals and to inject the right dose of insulin to match this as well as adjusting for exercise, travel and other activities.
What does DAFNE stand for?
DAFNE stands for Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DAFNE
- Department of Administration, Finance and Management (UN)
- Deployment Airlift Force Mix
- DieAwayFromMe (Cambridge, Massachusetts band)
- Diploma in Animation Film Making (India)
- Distal Accessory Flexor Muscle
- Division of Animal and Food Microbiology
- Duct Air Flow Measuring Probe (Dwyer Instruments, Inc.)
- Dictionary of American Family Names
- Data Food Networking (Europe)
- District Architecture for Networked Editions
- Double Annular Factory for Nice Experiments
- Debilidades, Amenazas, Fortalezas, Oportunidades (Spanish: Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities Threats, SWOT)
- Deputy Administrator for Field Operations
- District Agriculture and Forestry Office (Laos)
- Dynamic Ankle-Foot Orthosis
- Doctors Against Forced Organ Harvesting (see also DAOH)
- Délégation Académique à la Formation (French: Delegation to Academic Training)
- Derated Adjusted Forced Outage Rate (electric power production)
- Dominant, Abundant, Frequent, Occasional, Rare (ecology)
- Deployable Air Force Operations Resource Management System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The trust's diabetes team has earned accreditation from the Department of Health to run the Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating programme.
They have pioneered the DAFNE ( Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating ( and DESMOND ( Diabetes Education and Self-Management of Ongoing and Newly Diagnosed ( programmes.