Xingbao Li and colleagues at Medical University of South Carolina examined cravings triggered by smoking cues in 16 nicotine-dependent volunteers who received one session each of high frequency or sham repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation applied over the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex.
What does DLPC stand for?
DLPC stands for Dorsolateral Prefrontal Cortex
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DLPC
We have 5 other meanings of DLPC in our Acronym Attic
- Direction des Libertés Publiques et des Affaires Juridiques (French: Directorate of Civil Liberties and Legal Affairs)
- Dynamic Logical Partitioning
- Division de la Lecture Publique et des Bibliothèques (French: Division of Public Reading and Libraries; County Lending Libraries Association of Directors; France)
- Davao Light and Power Company (Philippines)
- Detergent-Lipid-Protein Complexes
- Digital Light Processing Cinema
- Dilauroylphosphatidylcholine (liposome)
- Dilinoleoylphosphatidylcholine (biochemistry)
- Disability Law and Policy Center of Georgia, Inc. (Decatur, GA)
- Documents et Liens pour la Classe (French: Documents and Links for Class; educational website)
- Data Link Protocol Description
- Detroit Lakes Police Department (Detroit Lakes, MN)
- Digital Line Protection System
- Distance Learning Programmes Division (India)
- Distance Learning Program Development Specialist (University of Guelph; Guelph, Ontario, Canada)
- Data Loss Prevention Endpoint (McAfee)
- Department of Lands, Planning and Environment
- Des Langues pour l'Emploi (French: Languages for Employment; language training program; Belgium)
- Dilinoleoyl-Phosphatidylethanolamine (biochemistry)
- Distance Learning and Professional Education (Georgia Institute of Technology; Atlanta, GA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Studies employing magnetic resonance tomography (MRT) have now been able to demonstrate that a specific cortical network consisting of the right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, the frontopolar regions and the precuneus is activated when this lucid consciousness is attained.
We observed an age-related increase in strategic decision-making between ages 6 to 13 years and showed that changes in bargaining behavior were best accounted for by age-related differences in impulse-control abilities and underlying functional activity of the left dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, a late-maturing brain region linked with self Control, Steinbeis explained.
A lasting post-stimulus activation on dorsolateral prefrontal cortex is produced when processing valence and arousal in visual affective stimuli.
At the same time, another portion of their brains, called the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (DLPFC), suppresses unwanted information that doesn't jibe with the scientists' preexisting theories.
19) Computer simulation showed that activity in the amygdala and anterior cingulate cortex is related to unconditioned stimulus predictability, while activity in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex and insula is accounted for by attention-modulated representation of conditioned stimuli.
Therefore, a reactivation of tinnitus following dorsolateral prefrontal cortex rTMS, which occurred in the 2 cases we described, could be the result of (1) a disruption of the temporal-prefrontal neocortical network, which is considered to be critical for the transient storage of auditory stimuli (28,29) and which also could modulate tinnitus storage, and (2) inhibition of the prefrontal activity that would result in a decrease in frontal inhibition of the tinnitus generated in the auditory cortex.