The trials took place in the Gulf of Mexico in water depths of 3,057 metres (10,030 ft) and results showed that continuous hovering of the ROV in mid-water beyond Doppler Velocity Log (DVL) range was possible, as well as automatic navigation to waypoints.
What does DVL stand for?
DVL stands for Doppler Velocity Log
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of DVL
We have 30 other meanings of DVL in our Acronym Attic
- Dépôt Vente Larbes (French sales depot)
- Dépôt Vente Lorettois (French sales company)
- Devils Lake (Amtrak station code; Devils Lake, ND)
- Diagnostic Virology Laboratory (USDA)
- Diamond Valley Lake (California)
- Digital Video Link
- Digital Video Logger
- Digital Visual Literacy (education)
- Direct Voice Link
- Distance Vol Libre (Canadian paragliding school)
- Driver and Vehicle Licencing
- Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency (UK)
- Driver Vehicle Licensing Authority
- Dynamic Virtual Local Area Network
- Dynamic Virtual Local Area Network Assignment
- Differential Very Long Baseline Interferometry
- Diamond Valley Learning Centre (Australia)
- Driver Vehicle Licensing Center (Swansea)
- Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church (Sequim, WA)
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Directorate
Samples in periodicals archive:
Also fitted is an Ixsea Octans Gyro, a Doppler Velocity Log, Sound Velocity Probe and a Digiquartz Depth Sensor.
For example, through the combination of Odom's echo sounders with Teledyne RDI's Doppler velocity logs, Teledyne Benthos' side scan sonar systems and Teledyne TSS' inertial sensing systems, Teledyne will provide an extensive line of precision products for marine navigation, detection, sonar imaging and bathymetric survey.