The trials took place in the Gulf of Mexico in water depths of 3,057 metres (10,030 ft) and results showed that continuous hovering of the ROV in mid-water beyond Doppler Velocity Log (DVL) range was possible, as well as automatic navigation to waypoints.
What does DV stand for?
DV stands for Doppler Velocity
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DV
We have 20 other meanings of DV in our Acronym Attic
- Disparity Vector
- Distance Vector (routing protocol)
- Distinguished Visitor
- Diversification Value
- Diversity Visa (US Department of State)
- Diverter Valve
- Divide (street type)
- Domestic Violence
- Domiciliary Visit (health care)
- Donec Vixit (Latin: Until He/She Lived, epigraphy)
- Dorsal Ventral (radiography)
- Dragon Valley (Lineage 2 game)
- Driver's Viewer
- Dry Van (shipping/trucking container)
- Dyesthetic Vulvodynia
- Daugavas Vanagi Amerikas Savienotas Valstis (Hawks of Daugava in United States of America)
- Dual Voltage Reduce Size Multimedia Card
- Distribution Video & Audio (also seen as DVA; Florida)
- Discrete Variational-Local Density Functional
Samples in periodicals archive:
Utility of B-natriuretic peptide in detecting diastolic dysfunction: comparison with Doppler velocity recordings.
Correlation of myocardial Doppler velocity response to exercise with independent evidence of myocardial ischemia by dual-isotope single-photon emission computed tomography.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Combining fetal weight estimates with umbilical artery Doppler velocity studies allows a more accurate prediction of neonatal morbidity and mortality Dr.
] Grosset DG, Straiton J, du Trevou M, Bullock R: Prediction of symptomatic vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage by rapidly increasing transcranial Doppler velocity and cerebral blood flow changes.