In a separate study, other ADHD researchers found that a variant in the dopamine D4 receptor (DRD4) gene, which is widely associated with the disorder, correlated with differences in cortical thickness in regions of the brain involved in controlling attention.
What does D4DR stand for?
D4DR stands for Dopamine D4 Receptor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of D4DR in our Acronym Attic
- Disciples 4 Christ
- Deals for the Day
- Design for Demise (space debris)
- Designing for Dissemination (US NCI; Bethesda, MD)
- Devices for Dignity (healthcare technology cooperative; UK)
- Dogs for Diabetics (Concord, CA)
- Dollars for Democrats (political group)
- Downtown for Democracy (New York)
- Drive for Diversity (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing)
- Dynamics for Display (various locations)
- Design for the Environment (design competition)
- Diamond 4 Elite (Avolites lighting console)
- Desacetoxyvindoline 4-Hydroxylase
- Design for Joomla
- Dialogue for Kids (Idaho Public Television)
- Design for Learning (UK program)
- Down for Life (band)
- Drama for Learning and Creativity (UK)
- Developing for Learning Design (Joint Information Systems Committee; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dopamine D4 receptor (D4DR) exon III polymorphism associated with the human personality trait of novelty seeking.
They also found a link between a variant in the dopamine D4 receptor and the likelihood of someone taking risks with their health.