Hence, door-to-balloon time--the critical minutes between a heart attack patient's arrival in emergency department and when a blocked artery is reopened--is critical when a person is having a heart attack.
What does D2B stand for?
D2B stands for Door-to-Balloon (coronary intervention measure)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of D2B
We have 7 other meanings of D2B in our Acronym Attic
- The Doors of the 21st Century (band)
- Fairchild Dornier Do 228 (airliner)
- Day 24 of Incubation (research embryos)
- 28th Day (clinical trials)
- Digital to Analog (television signal conversion)
- Differential Amplitude and Phase-Shift Keying with 2 Concentric Rings and 8 Signal Points
- Dealer to Builder (AVAD; Van Nuys, CA)
- Designed to Build (architecture firm; Fayetteville, NC)
- Document to Business (document management software; Business Document)
- Domestic Digital Bus (home automation standard)
- Download-to-Burn (Digital Versatile Disc movie service)
- Die Dimension Ball Grid Array
- Data Distribution Cassette
- Database to Code (computer programming)
- Dedicated to Compliance (Houston, TX software company)
- Delivery to Customer
- Diablo 2 Classic (gaming)
- Digital Data Cassette
- Direct to Consumer
- Data to Decision (program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The door-to-balloon time through angioplasty is 74 minutes with the global benchmark being less than 90 minutes.
Nearly 82% of eligible patients had a 90-minute or less door-to-balloon time in those hospitals by last summer.
This rate is known as door-to-balloon time, because it measures the time it takes for doctors to insert a tiny balloon through a vein or artery into the heart, to remove blockages that can cause a heart attack.
Some three per cent of patients with door-to-balloon times of 30 minutes died in hospital, while 4.
Its door-to-balloon rime is around 30 minutes, well ahead of the national standard of 90 minutes.
The Cardiac Alert Program is a partnership between the Cardiovascular Institute and Weld County Ambulance Service that has resulted in a remarkable median door-to-balloon time for STEMI patients of 64 minutes during business hours and 69 minutes after hours.