1 Dolby Digital EX Surround, subtitles and closed captions.
What does DD EX stand for?
DD EX stands for Dolby Digital Ex (Extended Surround; developed by Lucasfilm THX and Dolby Laboratories)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Dungeons & Dragons (fantasy game)
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Duong Dong (Vietnam)
- Duplex Drive
- Duran Duran (band)
- Dutch Door (architectural drawings)
- Dynamic Data
- Dynamic Dictionary
- Two-Digit Day (as in MM/DD/YYYY; e.g. 01/01/2000)
- Dimension Change During Atrial Contraction Phase
- Department of Defense Form
- Depletion, Depreciation and Amortization
- Design Disclosure and Base Document
- Detail Design and Construction (Navy shipbuilding)
- Dedicated Display and Control Subsystem (NASA)
- Desert Dressage and Combined Training Association (Oregon)
- Dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane (also DDD)
- Decision-Directed Decision Feedback Equalization
- Decision-Directed Delay-Locked Loop
- Domain Decomposition Finite Difference Time Domain
Samples in periodicals archive:
1 format is DTS ES, and in principle this one works pretty much the same way that Dolby Digital EX does.