18 (ANI): World-renowned sitar player, composer, teacher and writer Ravi Shankar will receive the University of Melbourne's highest honour - the degree of Doctor of Laws (honoris causa) - at a special conferring ceremony at the University tomorrow.
What does JD stand for?
JD stands for Doctor of Laws
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JD
We have 33 other meanings of JD in our Acronym Attic
- Joseph Conrad Yacht Club (Chicago, IL)
- Jefferson County Youth Detention Center (Birmingham, AL)
- Johnson County Young Matrons (Kansas)
- Jim Casey Youth Opportunity Initiative
- Johnson County Young Republicans (Kansas)
- Jesse Collyer Youth Sports (Ossining, NY)
- Jewish Council for Youth Services (also seen as JCFYS)
- Jewish Council for Youth Services (Chicago, IL)
- Jefferson County Youth Soccer League (Shepherdstown, WV)
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Jack Daniel's
- Jacob's Dream (band)
- Jacques Demolay (International Order of DeMolay)
- James Darren (actor/singer)
- James David (as in J.D. Power and Associates; founded by James David Power)
- James Dean
- Jammie Dodger (biscuit brand)
- Janata Dal (Indian political party)
- Japan Air (IATA airline code)
- Jeff Davis (guitarist)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The current England team manager and former Leicester captain was awarded with an honorary degree of Doctor of Laws by the University of Leicester, the city where his glittering career began.
Lord Justice Clerk Lord Gill and the South African lawyer and former anti-apartheid campaigner Justice Albie Sachs also received honorary Doctor of Laws degrees at the same ceremony.
Elizabeth Sheehy: The Law Society of Upper Canada presented an honorary degree of Doctor of Laws to Professor Sheehy, at its Call to the Bar ceremonies in recognition of her numerous contributions to creating access to justice for women throughout the Ontario legal system.
Spencer, out of luck at Newmarket earlier in the day, made the dash south pay off when guiding newcomer Doctor Of Laws to a three-length triumph over Mulaqat.
The Master of the Rolls and Head of the Civil Justice, Lord Phillips of Worth Matravers, will be made an honorary doctor of laws by the university.
Professor Ken Overshott, the retired principal of the University of Wales College, Newport, will be given a Doctor of Laws degree.
LIVERPOOL football manager Gerard Houllier picked up another title yesterday as he became a Doctor of Laws.