Smith, a UA alumnus and professor of voice at Northwestern University who developed a new approach to teaching the art of signing that promotes self-expression, received a Doctor of Arts & Humane Letters.
What does DArt stand for?
DArt stands for Doctor of Art
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DArt
We have 181 other meanings of DArt in our Acronym Attic
- Disaster Assessment & Recovery Team (FEMA)
- Disaster Assistance Relief Team
- Disaster Assistance Response Team
- Disclosure and Release Tool (Bevilacqua Research Corporation; Huntsville, AL)
- Discrete Angle Radiative Transfer (clouds)
- Distributed Acoustic Reflection Transducer
- Distributed Anti-Stokes Ratio Thermometry
- Distributed Audio Retrieval using Triana
- Distribution, Access, Routing and Trunking (Sprint)
- District Assessment of Reading Team (Canada)
- Document Archive and Retrieval Tool
- Documentation Assistance and Review Team
- Domestic Abuse Resistance Team
- Domestic All-Hazards Response Team (US Army)
- Domestic Assault Response Team
- Double Asteroid Redirection Test (US NASA)
- Downed Aircraft Recovery Team
- Downed Aircraft Rescue Transmitter
- Driving Ability Road Test (Australia)
- Drug & Alcohol Registry of Treatment
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Atlanta University launched its doctor of arts in humanities programs almost 40 years ago, and, since the 1988 merger with Clark College, Clark Atlanta University has continued to award the degrees.
She earned bachelor's and master's degrees in music from Oberlin College and the New England Conservatory, respectively, and master of science and doctor of arts degrees from Simmons College.
He won an award to study marble carving in Italy and other awards include an Honorary Doctor of Arts from Plymouth University and Associate Research Fellow at Dartington College of Arts.
The actress, who graduated from Ivy League rival Yale University in 1985, received an honorary doctor of arts degree.
Sheen also travelled to the Royal Hospital, Kilmainham, where he received his Doctor Of Arts from the National University of Ireland.
Also being awarded a Doctor of Arts tomorrow is Rasheed Araeen for his work promoting black and Asian arts and Jean-Luc Olivi, curator of the Musee des Arts Decoratifs in Paris.