First, the landmark TAX327 trial of docetaxel demonstrated that, contrary to previous experience,[sup.
What does DTX stand for?
DTX stands for Docetaxel
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DTX
We have 3 other meanings of DTX in our Acronym Attic
- Discrete Time Wavelet Transform (acoustics)
- Draw the World Together
- Difficult to Work With
- Double-Tongued Word Wrester (website)
- Dallas, Texas
- Deadly Tactix (gaming clan)
- Delta Tau Xi (fraternity in National Lampoon's 'Animal House' movie)
- Digital Training Exercise (US Army)
- Direct Transmission
- Discontinuous Transmission
- Downtown Crossing (band)
- Dead to You (Internet slang)
- Direct to You (various locations)
- Discount to Yield (investing)
- Double Twisting Yurchenko (Artistic Gymnastics Vault)
- Draw Texture Yarn (textile industry)
- Deutscher Touring Yacht Club (Tutzing, Bavaria, Germany)
- Downtown Youth Center
- Drink Till You Drop
Samples in periodicals archive:
BACKGROUND: Since the improvement of chemotherapy with safe molecules is needed for a better efficacy without supplementary toxicity, we investigated the feasibility and tolerability of the combination of docetaxel and curcumin, a polyphenolic derivative extracted from Curcuma long a root.
The study compared various dosages of vandetanib combined with docetaxel to docetaxel by itself.
Lilly argued that pemetrexed fills an unmet need because the only other therapy approved for second-line use, docetaxel (Taxotere), is increasingly being used to treat lung cancer patients initially, making it less likely to be used as second-line therapy, said Lilly consultant Frances Shepherd of the University of Toronto.
Docetaxel - manufactured by Aventis under the name Taxotere - was tested on two groups of women, those with one to three affected lymph nodes and those with four or more.
The new test measures the activity of an enzyme known as cytochrome p450 3A4 (CYP 3A4), which breaks down, or metabolizes, docetaxel and many other drugs, says Paul B.