Nolan served on both government and private advisory committees, including working groups of the California Division of Workers' Compensation, the Commission on Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation, the Department of Insurance, the California Workers' Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau and RAND Corporation.
What does DOWC stand for?
DOWC stands for Division of Workers' Compensation (various states)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DOWC
We have 1 other meaning of DOWC in our Acronym Attic
- Des Österreichischen Widerstandes (German)
- Deep Ocean Water Application (ocean technology research)
- Dull Olson Weekes Architects (Portland, OR)
- Deep Ocean Work Boat
- Dave's Online Wildlife Conservatory (website)
- Decline of Western Civilization (documentary film)
- Del Oro Water Company (est. 1963; California)
- Department of Wildlife Conservation (various governments)
- Derkin One World Computers (UK)
- Diamond Oaks Worship Center (Fort Worth, TX)
- Double Oak Women's Club (Texas)
- Drug Offender Work Camp
- Defendant/Offender Workforce Development
- Daily Outpatient Workload Detailed Report
- Department of Wildlife Ecology
- Dutch Offshore Wind Energy Convertor Project (Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands)
- Data Operations Working Group
- Deployment Operations Working Group
- Dogs of War Gaming (gaming clan)
- Dragons of Winter Night (novel by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman)
Samples in periodicals archive:
McDonald, assistant attorney general, Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission; Rod Bordelon, commissioner, Texas Division of Workers' Compensation; Tanner Holloman, director, Division of Workers' Compensation, Department of Financial Services; Andrew Sabolic, assistant director, Division of Workers' Compensation, Department of Financial Services; Paul H.
Other areas of the workers' compensation system remain the subject of discussions and are continually being addressed either judicially or from an administrative standpoint, primarily by the Division of Workers' Compensation.
Unlike other types of coverage where you get to choose the ultimate cost via limits, covered events and deductibles, workers' compensation insurance benefits and rates are set by the Legislature and the Division of Workers' Compensation Department of Financial Services.
The Division of Workers' Compensation has approved revisions to the California Workers' Compensation Institute pamphlet, "Facts About Workers' Compensation," which employers and insurers use to meet the statutory requirement to provide information on workers' compensation to all new employees.
LEGAL COMMENTARY: The court noted that the plaintiff filed a medical waiver and consent pursuant to which he agreed to waive any physician-patient privilege and authorize any health care provider to furnish to the Division of Workers' Compensation any and all information reasonably related to his work-related injury and any treatment arising as a result of the injury.
If such services are not voluntarily offered or accepted, the Division of Workers' Compensation of the Department of Labor and Employment Security, upon application of the employee, employer, or carrier, after affording the parties an opportunity to be heard, may refer the employee to a qualified physician or facility for the evaluation of the practicality of, the need for, and the kind of service, treatment, or training necessary and appropriate to restore the employee to suitable gainful employment.