So by changing the division of responsibility, Dearborn Engine is less likely to waste time machining defective blocks, Ford saves the money it would have cost to ship said blocks, and the foundry gets immediate feedback on a quality problem.
What does DOR stand for?
DOR stands for Division of Responsibility
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DOR
We have 88 other meanings of DOR in our Acronym Attic
- Diocese of Rumbek
- Diocese of the Resurrection
- Dirección de Orientaciòn Revolucionaria (Spanish: Address of Revolutionary Orientation)
- Direct Oxide Reduction
- Director of Recruitment (various companies)
- Director of Rehabilitation (various organizations)
- Director of Research (various organizations)
- Directorate of Oilseeds Research (India)
- Directorate of Resources (UK)
- Discharge on Request
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another feature will be a new division of responsibility between different levels of governance worldwide: problems are best solved at the most decentralized level of governance that is consistent with efficient performance of the task; as they transcend boundaries, decision making can be passed upward as necessary--from the community to the state, national, regional, and, in some rare instances, global level.