And in another case of progress at any price, in 1963, the California State Division of Highways proposed setting off 22 atomic bombs in the Bristol Mountains to make way for 1-40 to Barstow--a 36% savings over normal engineering methods.
What does DOH stand for?
DOH stands for Division of Highways
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DOH
We have 41 other meanings of DOH in our Acronym Attic
- Department of Health
- Department of Health (various locations)
- Department of Hell (gaming)
- Department of Highways (Thailand)
- Department of Housing
- Department of Hydrology (various organizations)
- Departmental Overhead (USACE)
- Depending on Heels
- Detroit Opera House (Detroit, MI)
- Directorate of Health (various locations)
- DNS (Domain Name System) over HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure)
- Doha, Qatar - Doha (Airport Code)
- Double Over Head (waves)
- Dukes Of Hazzard
- Department of Health - Bureau of Food and Drugs (Philippines)
- Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals
- Department of Health and Ageing (Australian government department)
- Department of Home Affairs (various countries)
- International Society for Developmental Origins of Health and Disease (Southampton, UK)
- Datek Online Holdings Corporation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Previously served as deputy commissioner of the West Virginia Division of Highways.
The economy of the state depends almost entirely upon the way they are maintained, and so, the state division of highways is exerting every possible effort to maintain all state roads in a condition of greatest serviceability commensurate with economy.