Christianson -- already a qualified Naval Flight Officer and Surface Supply officer -- was required to demonstrate knowledge in basic submarine operations and engineering fundamentals, perform damage control functions, and qualify as a diving officer of the watch (DOOW).
What does DOOW stand for?
DOOW stands for Diving Officer of the Watch
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DOOW
- Distribution of Operational Resources (Veterans Benefits Administration; Department of Veterans Affairs)
- Data Object Oriented Repository System (Evermore)
- Deafness, Onychodystrophy, Osteodystrophy, and Mental Retardation Syndrome (genetic disease)
- Demonstration of Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System
- Design of Object Oriented Real-time Systems (Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada)
- Distributed Object Oriented Reliable Service
- DOL Online Opportunities Recruitment System (US Department of Labor)
- Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (a Quality Systems & Software, Inc., QSS database management system)
- Document On-Line Optical Storage and Retrieval System
- Database of Our Owlish Wisdom (knowledge database)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We can't just go to ServMart and pick up a new blue shirt or get the Chop to drop a chit for a qualified Diving Officer of the Watch.