Artefacts on show link locals to the famous ship and include Artie's spark gap transmitter, which was recently loaned to the exhibition by Blackwood and District Amateur Radio Society.
What does DARS stand for?
DARS stands for District Amateur Radio Society (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DARS
We have 47 other meanings of DARS in our Acronym Attic
- Degree Auditing Report System (University)
- Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
- Department of Defense Architecture Repository System
- Department of the Army Relocation Sites
- Deployable ACC (Air Control Centre), RPC (Recognized Air Picture Production Centre), SFP (Sensor Fusion Post)
- Développement Agricole et Rural au Sud (French: Agricultural and Rural Development in the South)
- Digital Audio Radio Satellite
- Digital Audio Radio Service
- Digital Audio Radio System
- Digital Audio Reference Signal
- Document Archival Retrieval System
- DoD (Department of Defense) Architecture Registry System (US DoD)
- Domestic Appliance Repair Services (UK)
- Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Services (various locations)
- Dry Ash Removal System
- Destiladora de Alcoholes y Rones Sociedad Anónima (Guatemala)
- Defense Airborne Reconnaissance Steering Committee
- Department of the Army Relocation Services for Employees
- Diode Array Rapid-Scan Spectrometer
- Daily Advisories/Risk & Threat (FEMA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
THIS column has discouraged millions from becoming radio hams by implying that it's an expensive pastime, says Phil Harris, of the Kidderminster and District Amateur Radio Society.
Blackwood and District Amateur Radio Society in Caerphilly pocketed pounds 5,000 to buy radio equipment for local groups, while Cylch Meithrin Cwymraeg/Pentrepoeth in Cardiff will spend pounds 3,750 on teaching pre-school children Welsh through play.