In addition to NREN, Qwest provides network services for such cutting-edge research networks as the National Science Foundation's Distributed Terascale Facility program, a network that will be capable of transferring the entire contents of the public Internet within two hours, and the Department of Energy's Energy Sciences Network (ESnet).
What does DTF stand for?
DTF stands for Distributed Terascale Facility (National Science Foundation distributed supercomputing grid)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DTF
We have 96 other meanings of DTF in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Terrain File
- Digital Test Data Format
- Digital Training Facility
- Digital Transmission Facility
- Digital Trunk Frame
- Din Tai Fung (restaurant; various locations)
- Discrete Time Fourier
- Discrete Trial Format
- Distance to Finish (sailing regattas)
- Distance-To-Fault (cabling)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Called the Distributed Terascale Facility, or TeraGrid, the system will give researchers access to large data archives, remote instruments, sophisticated visualization tools, and other resources via high-speed networks.