The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) has awarded ITT Exelis a contract to develop a global netted communications capability for the agency%s distributed tactical communications system (DTCS).
What does DTCS stand for?
DTCS stands for Distributed Tactical Communications System (US Marine Corps and Iridium Government Services)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DTCS
We have 16 other meanings of DTCS in our Acronym Attic
- Deterministic Timed Continuous Petri Nets (cybernetics)
- Drug-Taking Confidence Questionnaire
- Delay Time Control Relay (various organizations)
- Desk Top Card Rack (Opticomm)
- DMA (Direct Memory Access) Transfer Count Register
- Dynamic Thermal Circuit Rating (software; Electric Power Research Institute)
- Design Technology Consulting Services (Dallas, Texas)
- Dimension Technology Chemical Systems (Fair Oaks, CA)
- Direction Technique du Contrôle du Spectre (French: Technical Direction Control Spectrum)
- Distributed Table Construction Scheme
- Dual Track Clamp System (product)
- Dye Terminator Cycle Sequencing
- Senior Chief Dental Technician (Naval Rating)
- Digital Transition Content Security Act (proposed U.S. legislation to plug the 'analog hole' in consumer video products)
- Dynacorp Tri-Cities Services Inc.
- De Twentsche Courant Tubantia (Dutch newspaper)
- Depository Trust Company Tracking (underwriting service)
- Diatect International Corp. (stock symbol)
- Dog Training Club of Tampa (Florida)
- Dallas Teachers Credit Union (Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The RO Radio (see article leading photo) has proven to be a successful solution for forces deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, this in view of it using the Distributed Tactical Communications System architecture to access the Iridium constellation.
In its efforts to deploy new technology, the Army has been fielding Netted Iridium Radios to the warfighters in Iraq and Afghanistan under the Distributed Tactical Communications Systems program.