Writing on Dickens's Little Dorrit, for instance, Palmer's decision to discuss faces, looking, nonverbal communication, and physically distributed cognition attests to a valuably inductive methodology, where analytical categories have been derived from the writer's practices.
What does DCog stand for?
DCog stands for Distributed Cognition (psychology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DCog
We have 2 other meanings of DCog in our Acronym Attic
- Distribution Center Order Form (US ATF)
- Double Clad Optical Fiber
- Dr. Christopher's Original Formulas
- Dynamic Coefficient of Friction (safety science)
- Double Clad Optical Fiber - Single Mode
- Deputy Chief Of Staff
- Dagsboro Church of God (Dagsboro, DE)
- Deliverance Church of God (Columbus, OH)
- Deputy Commander Operations Group (National Training Center, Ft Irwin, CA, USA)
- Diploma of the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (UK)
- Detroit City of Hope (Detroit, MI)
- Dimerization Cofactor of HNF1
- District of Columbia Office of Human Rights
- Délégation Commerciale Océan Indien (French: Indian Ocean Trade Delegation)
- Direct Commission Officer Indoctrination Course (Newport, RI)
- District of Columbia Office of the Inspector General
- Democratic Control of Internal Security (working group; Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces)
- Deliverance Church of Jesus (Forest Park, GA)
- Diagnostic Clinic of Longview (Longview, TX)
- Doesn't Count on Location (showbusiness slang)
Samples in periodicals archive:
4) The distributed cognition approach arose independently, from work in cognitive anthropology, HCI (Human-Computer Interaction), the sociology of education and work, and science studies.
Distributed Cognition and the Will: Individual Volition and Social Context.
The concept of distributed cognition has many points in common with situated learning.
FOCUS OF THE RESEARCH Using the conceptual approach of distributed cognition and cognitive flexibility theories, we will analyse a multi-cultural learning context during one semester.
The ideas that relate to the distributed cognition perspective have mainly surfaced over the last decade and have become so popular that the notion of cognition as distributed in commonplace nowadays.
Distributed cognition plays a central role in another of Palmer's arguments.