According to the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States, only a dozen states still ban liquor sales on Sunday: Alabama, Indiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia.
What does DISCUS stand for?
DISCUS stands for Distilled Spirits Council of the United States
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DISCUS
We have 5 other meanings of DISCUS in our Acronym Attic
- Discrepancy Report
- Discrepancy Status (USCG)
- Defense Investigative Service Clearance Review Office
- Department of Information Systems and Computer Science (various universities)
- Diversity in Safety Critical Software (EPSRC/UK project)
- Defense Industrial Cooperation Subcommittee
- Distributed Interactive Simulation Crew Station Simulation
- Data Integration and Synergistic Collateral Usage
- Developing Institutional and Social Capacities for Urban Sustainability
- Distributed Source Coding Using Syndromes
- Distributor Information Systems for Customer Satisfaction
- Dyskinesia Identification System Condensed User Scale
- Dallas Independent School District
- Data-Intensive Scientific Discovery (paradigm)
- Dataflex International Software Developers (conference)
- Design Institute of San Diego (San Diego, CA; interior design)
- Development Information Services Division (UN Economic Commission for Africa)
- Duncanville Independent School District (Texas)
- Defense Installation Spatial Data Infrastructure
Samples in periodicals archive:
The top alcohol lobbyist employers in California in 2010 included Diageo ($220,061), Anheuser-Busch InBev ($165,000), MillerCoors ($165,000), Wine Institute ($142,000), Wine and Spirits Wholesalers of America ($138,000), California Beer and Beverage Distributors ($96,000), and the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States ($87,600).
sales of tequila bottles within the $20 wholesale price range have gone up by 129 percent since 2003, according to figures compiled by DISCUS, the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States.
They noted that three major trade associations representing the alcoholic beverage industry - the Wine Institute, the Beer Institute, and the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States have publicly stated that they do not advertise to underage youths.
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States has a Web site called "Stop Hospitality Taxes.
Regarding bourbon, "the longer it sits in the barrel in the warehouse, the bigger the impact is likely to be," according to Mark Gorman, vice president of the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States.
The main host is the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States.
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States had pushed for liquor samples to be allowed after lawmakers previously allowed samples of beer and wine at stores.