In: The footprint of distant water fleet on world fisheries.
What does DWF stand for?
DWF stands for Distant Water Fleet (fisheries)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DWF
We have 42 other meanings of DWF in our Acronym Attic
- Davies Wallis Foyster (law firm; UK)
- Dayton Wright AFB United States
- Death Will Follow (band)
- Delta Waterfowl Foundation (US and Canada)
- Dense Wiring Fabric
- Department of Wildlife & Fisheries
- Design Web Format
- Development Workshop France (various locations)
- Digital Watch Forum
- Digital Wedding Forum
- Divided We Fail (AARP campaign)
- Divorced White Female
- Domain Wall Fermion (physics)
- Drawing Web Format
- Drop/Withdraw/Fail (various schools)
- Dry Weather Flow (hydrology)
- Des Wahnsinns Fette Beute (German: Fat Booty of Madness; band)
- Desert Winds Freedom Band (Palm Springs, CA)
- Distorted-Wave First-Order Born Approximation
Samples in periodicals archive:
The cargo business dried up years ago, and the docks are now home to the port's distant water fleet, which amounts to 10 to 20 ships that stop in regularly to prepare for trips to faraway destinations.
Nelson Beideman, executive director of Blue Water Fishermen's Association, who was interviewed on ABC World News Tonight with Peter Jennings, said that his members fished from much smaller boats than the ones used by the Japanese distant water fleet, and cited the recovery of Atlantic swordfish helped by reduced catches by US fishermen.