To my surprise, four deer silently walked straight toward me, just 20 yards away, hardly rustling the dry leaves that are usually my distant early warning system.
What does DEW stand for?
DEW stands for Distant Early Warning (Line)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DEW
We have 31 other meanings of DEW in our Acronym Attic
- Department of Energy and Water
- Department of Environment and Water Resources (Australia)
- Deutsche Edelstahlwerke
- Developing the Economy from Within
- Diamond Equivalent Weight (jewelry)
- Digital Ethnography Workgroup
- Directed Early Warning
- Directed Energy Warfare
- Directed Energy Weapon
- Directors' Early Warning
- Donald E. Westlake (novelist)
- Dortmunder Energie Und Wasser (German: Dortmund Energy and Water)
- Distant Early Warning Line
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area (US National Park Service)
- Division of Early Warning and Assessment
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
- Daring Enterprise With A Journey (blog)
- Department of Employment and Workplace Relations (Australia)
- Development Waste Recycling (Czech Republic)
- Deactivated War Trophy (firearm)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The editors make good use of individual contributors' expertise in covering the history of bistatic and multistatic radar systems, Fluttar distant early warning (DEW)-line gap-filler radar, missile attack warning applications, planetary exploration, air surveillance, ionospheric measurements and wind measurements.
From the spine-tingling first riff of Limelight to Digital Man, Entre Nous, Mission and Distant Early Warning, the set was a fine snapshot of Rush's finest moments; deciding what to play and what to leave out must be a nice headache to have these days.
Soon thereafter, Crowley began supplying the Distant Early Warning (DEW) line radar installations that the U.
North American Air Defence (NORAD) Command, the Pinetree Agreement (phases 1 and 2), the Mid-Canada Line and the Distant Early Warning (DEW) Line, and a brief history of all the air defence stations, bases and squadrons have been included in this book.
The Distant Early Warning Signs (DEWS) system provides municipal leaders with 21 indicators for measuring tension in a community.
Classics including Distant Early Warning, The Big Money, Closer To The Heart and The Spirit Of Radio sit comfortably alongside the band's best new material in decades.