The Thales instrument landing system (ILS), associated with distance measuring equipment (DME), wilt help provide safer landings.
What does DME stand for?
DME stands for Distance Measuring Equipment
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DME
We have 161 other meanings of DME in our Acronym Attic
- Dimier Marc Électricité (French electrical company)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Metallurgy Engineering
- Direct Machine Environment
- Direct Manufacturing Expense
- Direct Marketing Expense
- Direct Measurement Explorer
- Directed Molecular Evolution (method)
- Direction-Biased Motion Estimation
- Discurso Matemático Escola (Portugusese: School Mathematics Discourse)
- Distributed Management Environment
- Distribution de Matériel Électrique (French: Electrical Equipment Distribution; Luxembourg)
- Distribution de Matériel Européen (French: European Equipment Distribution)
- Disturbance Monitoring Equipment (electrical grid operations)
- Division of Medical Education (various schools)
- Dmapedit (gaming map editor)
- Doby's Mill Elementary School (Lugoff, SC; also seen as DMES)
- Doctorate of Music Education
- Domestic Marijuana Eradication Program
- Dried Malt Extract
Samples in periodicals archive:
The package also includes Automatic Direction Finder, Distance Measuring Equipment, High Speed Data Radio, Very High Frequency Transceiver and Omni-directional Radio.
According to its latest contract with SCADIA, Bayanat Airports would be required to design, supply and install the Instrument Landing System (ILS), Distance Measuring Equipment (DME) along with fibre optics backbone, appropriate shelters and flight calibrations for successful ICAO CAT I certification at Al Bateen Executive Airport.
An instrument approach and distance measuring equipment will be installed to allow planes to fly closer to the ground in bad weather, making travel safer, said airport manager Mary Amos.
The contracts in Asia and Africa are for the supply of very high frequency omni-range and distance measuring equipment.