However, medical records obtained by the New York Times in 2005 said that Arafat died of a massive stroke, and suffered from a blood condition known as disseminated intravascular coagulation, or DIC.
What does DIC stand for?
DIC stands for Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DIC
We have 210 other meanings of DIC in our Acronym Attic
- Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile (Italian: Department of Civil Engineering)
- Diploma of Imperial College (London UK)
- Dirección de Investigación Criminal (Criminal Investigation Division, Honduras)
- Direct Image Copy
- Direct Indicating Compass
- Direct Interference Contrast
- Direct Inverse Control
- Director in Charge
- Disponibilité, Intégrité, Confidentialité (French: Availability, Integrity, Confidentiality)
- Disseminated Intravascular Clot (pathology)
- Dissolved Inorganic Carbon
- District Industries Center (India)
- Divestiture Implementation Committee (Ghana)
- Division d'Infanterie Coloniale (French: Colonial Infantry Division)
- Do I Care?
- Document Identifier Code
- Downtown Intermodal Center
- Dream in Code (website)
- Driver Improvement Course
- Driver Information Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
The snake, caught and killed three hours later, was identified as a Saw-Scale Viper -- the deadliest snake in the UAE characterised with a venom so strong that it causes systematic symptoms including hemorrhage, acute renal failure and disseminated intravascular coagulation.
Poor body condition, marked splenomegaly, and microscopic disseminated intravascular coagulation with numerous intravascular and tissular bacteria were the most consistent findings.
BPD = bronchopulmonary dysplasia; RDS = respiratory distress syndrome; NEC = necrotizing enterocolitis; ROP = retinopathy of prematurity; IVH = intraventricular hemorrhage; DIC = disseminated intravascular coagulation.
In predefined subgroup analyses, the mortality rate was significantly reduced in patients with septic shock with disseminated intravascular coagulation (p < 0.
GTC's corporate partner, LEO Pharma A/S of Denmark, is also testing the drug in patients with a clotting disorder called disseminated intravascular coagulation and sepsis.
A The Scientific Subcommittee (SSC) on Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) published a definition of DIC as well as clinical and laboratory criteria for diagnosis in the December 2001 issue of Thrombosis and Haemostasis.
7,8) INFLAMMATION AND COAGULATION It has long been recognized that systemic inflammation is associated with hypercoagulability, as evidenced by the common occurrence of disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) in severe sepsis.