Displacement Mapping Using Hardware Tessellation: Generate amazing 3D details from two-dimensional displacement maps with real-time hardware-based geometry tessellation.
What does DISMAP stand for?
DISMAP stands for Displacement Mapping
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Digital Interface Standards for Monitors
- Diploma in Infocomm Securities Management (Singapore Polytechnic)
- Diploma in Information System Management
- Disability Insurance State Manual
- Dismounted Intelligence Situation Mapboard
- Dominican Institute for Student Ministry (Oakland, CA)
- Dynamic Intimate Shared Memory (Sun Solaris Server)
- Digital Scene Matching Area Correlation Sensor
- Distributed Management Working Group (IETF)
- Desertification Information System for the Mediterranean
- Dental Information Systems Management Office (Bethesda, MD)
- Defense Integrated Subsistence Management System
- Defense Information Support Network
- Defense Information Switched Network (less common)
- Defense Information Systems Network
- Defense Integrated Services Network
- Diabetes Inpatient Specialist Nurse
- Digital Integrated Services Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chapters on ambient occlusion, displacement mapping and global subsurface scattering are also presented.
There are some experimental efforts for incorporating displacement mapping to graphics cards, but it is still not here yet.
With ATI graphics, customers can take advantage of MachStudio Pro features that are exclusive to ATI accelerators such as real-time hardware tessellation and displacement mapping.
The GeForce Go 6800 mobile GPU's advanced architecture introduces full 64-bit high dynamic range shader precision, displacement mapping, geometry instancing and other features unique to the GeForce 6 Series of mobile GPUs.
Advanced features include displacement mapping using hardware tessellation on ATI graphics workstation accelerators, cartoon shading, configurable anti-aliasing, unlimited independent render passes and render layers, support for the OpenEXR file format and 64-bit operating systems, and more.
Texture mapping and true displacement mapping are provided by VirtuaLight, as well as 22 different geometric primitives including NURBS, Blobby and Implicit/Polynomial/Parametric surfaces.
Powerful Displacement Mapping with Hardware Tessellation and Stereoscopic Camera Support Among Many New Features to Streamline Productivity AMSTERDAM -- StudioGPU continues to democratize the 3D production space for broadcast, cinema and design with the release of MachStudio[TM] Pro 1.