There are multiple ways to manage the creation of physical media from disk-to-tape (D2T).
What does D2T stand for?
D2T stands for Disk-to-Tape (data storage backup)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of D2T
- Direct-to-Retail (distribution model)
- Door-to-Reperfusion (cardiology)
- Dreams to Reality (various organizations)
- From Discovery to Recovery (lecture series)
- Dextrin 2-Sulfate (aka Dextrin 2-Sulphate)
- Distortion 2 Static (television program)
- DPSK-Based Distributed Sample Acquisition
- Distributed Digital Skills Laboratory
- District 2 Soccer Referee Administration (California)
- Decoupled Truncated Tip
- Dramatic Dream Team (professional wrestling promotion; Japan; also seen as DDT)
- Drecq Daniel Technologies
- Digital Display Tabletop Trainer
- Dye Diffusion Thermal Transfer (Printing)
- Deployment Distribution Theater Transition Template
- Design to Users (architecture firm; Milan, Italy)
- Dengue Type 2 Virus (immunology)
- Digital 2 Virtual
- Direct to Video (movie release)
- Digital 2 Virtual ISP Pvt. Ltd. (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Advanced Digital Information Corporation (Nasdaq:ADIC), supplier of intelligent storage solutions for the open system market, announced recently an expansion of its Pathlight VX disk-to-tape backup solution that will bring the benefits of disk performance, RAID fault tolerance, and an integrated path to tape to a larger community of IT end users.
Advanced Digital Information Corporation (Nasdaq:ADIC) announced recently that it has begun shipping production units of its integrated disk-to-tape backup solution, the ADIC Pathlight VX.
With SANs in play, you have a tape appliance that snaps into a tape environment that calls for disk-to-tape direct backup.