Stage 2 DBPR requires all water utilities to conduct an evaluation of their water system, known as an Initial Distribution System Evaluation (IDSE) to identify locations with high disinfection byproduct concentrations, which will be sampled and monitored.
What does DBP stand for?
DBP stands for Disinfection Byproduct
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DBP
We have 145 other meanings of DBP in our Acronym Attic
- Deutsche Bundespost (German federal mail)
- Deutsches Bundespatent (Federal German Patent)
- Development Bank of the Philippines
- Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka (Malay: Institute of Language and Literature)
- Diastolic Blood Pressure
- Dibutyl Phosphate
- Dien Bien Phu (Vietnamese city)
- Direct Buy Program
- Disinfectant Byproduct
- Distance Based Priority
- Distribution Boulangerie Pâtisserie (French bakery distribution company)
- Diversity Best Practices
- DNA Binding Protein
- DNA-Blocking Protein
- Don Bosco Preparatory (Ramsey, NJ high school)
- Double Bass Pedal (drum equipment)
- Draft Business Plan
- Dragonbotpro (gaming)
- Draw Bar Pull (vehicle measurement)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Haloacetic acids (HAAs) are a group of chemicals formed along with other disinfection byproducts when chlorine or other disinfectants used to control microbial contaminants in drinking water react with naturally occurring organic and inorganic matter.
Occurrence and mammalian cell toxicity of lOdinated disinfection byproducts in drinking water.
The formation and control of disinfection byproducts using chlorine dioxide, Chemosphere 41: 1181-1186.
Fact Sheet: Stage 2 Disinfectants and Disinfection Byproducts Rule The disinfection of drinking water was one of the major public health advances in the 20th century.
The EPA has regulated disinfection byproducts, such as trihalomethanes, since 1979 because of health risks, according to the information.
In an upcoming Environmental Science & Technology, the researchers also report finding 28 disinfection byproducts not previously detected.