She had a disease-free interval of 3 years at which time she was diagnosed with recurrence and underwent 6 cycles of Docetaxel and Carboplatin and once again had complete response based on CA-125 and imaging.
What does DFI stand for?
DFI stands for Disease-Free Interval
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DFI
We have 151 other meanings of DFI in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Filmmaking Institute (various locations)
- Digital Filter Initialization
- Digital Frog International (software; Ontario, Canada)
- Digital Fuel Injection
- Direct Flame Impingement
- Direct Flights International (Australia)
- Direct Fluid Indicator (geology)
- Direct Foreign Investment
- Direct Fuel Injection
- Discount From Invoice
- Diversified Fixed Interest (finance; Australia)
- Documentary Film Institute
- Dom Finance et Investissement (French investment company)
- Dr Foster Intelligence (UK)
- Dyed Fuel Inspector
- Data Field Identifier/Data Use Identifier
- Defense-in-Depth Functional Implementation Architecture (cybersecurity; US Navy)
- Dublin Funds Industry Association (now Irish Funds Industry Association; Ireland)
- Duty Free Import Authorisation (India)
- Dynamic Factors Identification and Analysis (Correctional Service of Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To get close to a population under risk for incidence estimation, the disease-free interval should be as large as possible.
Dental symptoms can be the first sign of relapse; we propose that physicians and dentists keep a high level of index for metastatic disease, even after prolonged disease-free intervals in patients with a history of cancer and RCCs in particular (Box 2, Box 3).
Breast cancer specimens contain higher concentrations of PLA than do benign breast tissues, and low PLA activity is associated with longer disease-free interval and survival even though no relationship was noted between PLA and ER or progesterone receptor status (J.
In a multivariate analysis, other independent risk factors for lower survival included more than two hepatic metastases and a disease-free interval of less than 12 months.