Each chapter is devoted to increasing generalization through a specific intervention: Pivotal Response Training, Discrete Trial Instruction, Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS), social stories, and computer-assisted interventions.
What does DTI stand for?
DTI stands for Discrete Trial Instruction
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DTI
We have 193 other meanings of DTI in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Trunk Interface
- Digital Trunk Interface Frame (Sprint)
- Direcção de Tecnologias de Informação (Portuguese: Directorate of Information Technologies)
- Direct Tension Indicator (Applied Bolting Technology Products, Inc.)
- Direct Thrombin Inhibitor
- Direct Trader Input
- Directed Technologies, Inc.
- Direction de la Technique et de l'Innovation (French: Directorate of Technical and Innovation)
- Direction des Transmissions et de l'Informatique (French: Directorate of Communications and Information)
- Directive Technology Integrators (Oneonta, New York)
- Distance through Insulation
- Distance to Intercept (US Air Force)
- Diversified Technology, Inc.
- Document Text Informationmanagement (various locations)
- Don't Try It
- Donation and Transplant Institute (est. 2008; Barcelona, Spain)
- Dose Totale Indicative (French: Total Indicative Dose; radiological water quality regulation)
- Dream Train Internet (Japan)
- Dreaming the Impossible (UK)
- Driving Trend Identifier
Samples in periodicals archive:
The effects of discrete trial instruction and mand training for teaching children with autism to make requests for items.
Accordingly, staff training research has focused on several ABA skills such as conducting a functional analysis (Moore, Edwards, SterlingTurner, Riley, DuBand, & McGeorge, 2002), performing preference assessment (Lavie & Sturmey, 2002), carrying-out discrete trial instruction (Gilligan, Luiselli, & Pace, 2006; LeBlanc, Ricciardi, & Luiselli, 2005; Sarokoff & Sturmey, 2004), and implementing behavior support plans (Codding, Feinberg, Dunn, & Pace, 2005).
Programs based in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) methodology such as discrete trial instruction (DTI) and applied verbal behavior (AVB) remain popular interventions for children diagnosed with ASD.
Abstract We evaluated an abbreviated performance feedback intervention as a training strategy to improve discrete trial instruction of children with autism by three paraprofessional staff (assistant teachers) at a specialized day school.
Clinicians can utilize a combination of Discrete Trial Instruction (DTT), naturalistic strategies, and rate-building procedures to maximize the acquisition, generalization, and availability of skills.
Many of these ABA programs have utilized an impressive array of ABA technology, while some programs have relied heavily on the use of discrete trial instruction.
It is important to emphasize that in EIBI discrete trial instruction represents a system of implementation and must be evaluated in relation to a detailed curriculum that gradually moves towards higher levels of complexity and sophistication.