The proposals include making the Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes (DOTAS) rules an even stronger and more effective weapon in the battle against tax avoidance, for example by giving HMRC stronger powers to force promoters to tell them about avoidance schemes and who is using them, and tightening the rules so that it is easier to impose penalties for failure to provide information to HMRC about a scheme.
What does DOTAS stand for?
DOTAS stands for Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Defense of the Ancients (gaming)
- Delaware Occupational Therapy Association
- Département d'Optique Théorique et Appliquée (French: Theoretical and Applied Optics Department)
- Department of Transportation, Airports Division (Hawaii)
- Depending on the Artist (trope)
- Doscientos Ocho Transporte Automotor (Buenos Aires bus line; Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Download over the Air (Wavecom Wireless)
- Device over the Air Configuration (mobile network)
- DIAKONIA of the Americas and Caribbean (Tennessee; regional group of DIAKONIA World Federation; religious organization)
- Department of Transport and Regional Services (Australia)
- Digitization of the Battlespace
- Diocese of Thunder Bay (Canada)
- Disciple of the Blade
- Disciples of the Blade (WoW gaming group)
- Dreams of Tall Buildings (UK band)
- Dualized Optimum Tailbiting A Posteriori Probability
- Downtown Old Town Business Association (Novato, CA)
- Digitization of the Battlefield
- Dakota Ojibway Tribal Council
- Dancing on the Ceiling
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes regime already captures information on aggressive tax planning, so any further rules would duplicate the existing laws for no good reason.
New measures include more robust measures on offshore evasion, further consultation on disclosure of tax avoidance schemes, and additional powers to close down tax avoidance schemes, such solutions to issues of trusts being used to avoid IHT charges, and avoidance using index linked gilts.
Recently, new rules have been introduced concerning the disclosure of tax avoidance schemes.
But he added he was concerned about new US style rules on disclosure of tax avoidance schemes by accountants.