In the four weeks that she was there, LeConey worked on establishing jurisdiction over crew remains, handling financial and interagency coordination issues with the Federal Emergency Management Administration covering search and recovery issues in 29 states, coordinating a Department of Justice site visit to Barksdale, and overseeing data handling and impoundment procedures at Barksdale, Lufkin, Texas, and Carswell, disaster field offices.
What does DFO stand for?
DFO stands for Disaster Field Office (US FEMA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DFO
We have 62 other meanings of DFO in our Acronym Attic
- Deutscher Falkenorden (German Falcon Order)
- Diesel Fuel Oil
- Digital Fuel Optimizer (RevTech motorcycle fuel control system)
- Dining Facility Operation
- Diploma in Front Office (various educational institutions)
- Direct Factory Outlet (Australian retail center)
- Director of Field Operations
- Director of Financial Operations (various organizations)
- Director of Flight Operations (airline rank)
- Director of Football Operations (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The disaster field office is the primary venue in affected states for coordinating response and for coordinating officers to collocate, along with Federal agency regional representatives and state and local liaison officers.
In addition, Telecommuications Devices for the Deaf/Speech-impaired (TDD) are provided on an 800 number at a Disaster Field Office for disaster victims who must use a TDD to communicate their application for federal disaster assistance.
Disaster Field Office (DFO)--The office established in or near the designated area to support Federal and State response and recovery operations.
Massive Task Coordinators of this Promethean enterprise had to make sure activities and decisions by agencies in Sacramento jibed with those by agencies 200 miles away at the Disaster Field Office (DFO) in Mountain View.