Forest Service to create its Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) model, through which OFDA organizes responses to the most serious disasters abroad.
What does DART stand for?
DART stands for Disaster Assistance Response Team
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DART
We have 181 other meanings of DART in our Acronym Attic
- Direct Action Response Team
- Direct Advisory of Recorded Transactions
- Directed Automated Random Testing (software testing)
- Directional Automatic Realignment of Trajectory
- Director of Army Research and Technology
- Disability Awareness Resource Team
- Disaster Animal Relief Team
- Disaster Animal Response Team
- Disaster Assessment & Recovery Team (FEMA)
- Disaster Assistance Relief Team
- Disclosure and Release Tool (Bevilacqua Research Corporation; Huntsville, AL)
- Discrete Angle Radiative Transfer (clouds)
- Distributed Acoustic Reflection Transducer
- Distributed Anti-Stokes Ratio Thermometry
- Distributed Audio Retrieval using Triana
- Distribution, Access, Routing and Trunking (Sprint)
- District Assessment of Reading Team (Canada)
- Doctor of Art
- Document Archive and Retrieval Tool
- Documentation Assistance and Review Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Disaster Assistance Response Team was leaving for Haiti to help in the aftermath of the devastating Jan.
He added that even though the OFDA intends to remove its 17 aid workers employed at the Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) from the flood-stricken country, the government has plans to send a permanent relief body to reconstruct Pakistan.
10 -- In recognition of the growing humanitarian assistance needs outlined by Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani, US for International Development (USAID) Administrator Dr Rajiv Shah has dispatched a special Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) to Islamabad to coordinate US response to support the government.
Agency for International Development dispatched a Disaster Assistance Response Team to Haiti and activated partners to help.
Within just hours of the tragedy, the reconnaissance party from the Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) was airborne and en route to Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
As he spoke, federal Disaster Assistance Response Teams, the aircraft carrier Carl Vinson and other responders were either on their way to Haiti, or gearing up to go.