The proportion of disability adjusted life-years lost in 2005 to neuropsychiatric disorders is greater in high-income countries (27%) than low- (9%) or middle-income countries (18%).
What does DALY stand for?
DALY stands for Disability Adjusted Life-Years
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
- Declarative Agent Languages and Technologies
- Department of the Army Liaison Team
- Distributed Artificial Life Toolkit
- District Achievement Level Tests
- Drop Altitude
- Duct Air Leakage Test
- Office of Disability, Aging and Long-Term Care Policy (US HHS)
- Data Arithmetic and Logic Unit
- Deutscher Akkordeonlehrer Verband eV (German: German Accordion Teachers Association eV)
- Delay En Route Authorized Chargeable As Ordinary Leave Provided It Does Not ....
- Disability Life Adjusted Years
- Deutsche Alzheimer Gesellschaft eV (German: German Alzheimer's Society)
- Damariscotta (Amtrak station code; Damariscotta, ME)
- Damascus, Syria - Damascus International (Airport Code)
- Data Access Manager
- Data Access Metric
- Data Acquisition & Monitoring
- Data Acquisition Mainframe
- Data Acquisition Module (various companies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The World Health Organization estimates that half of the 10 leading causes of disability worldwide are psychiatric conditions and that by 2020, major depression will be the second leading cause of disease burden worldwide, as measured in disability adjusted life-years.