According to this relatively new system of evaluation, created by the World Health Organization and known as Disability Adjusted Life Expectancy (DALE), America ranks 24th in the world with "an average of 70.
What does DALE stand for?
DALE stands for Disability Adjusted Life Expectancy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DALE
We have 2 other meanings of DALE in our Acronym Attic
- Defense Acquisition Logistics Career Management Board
- David Atkinson Lighting Design Ltd. (UK)
- Dianzani Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Disease (also seen as ALPS)
- Dotation d'Animation Locale Décentralisée (French: Decentralized Provision of Local Animation)
- Dream a Little Dream, Inc. (aka DALD Events; Ballwin, MO)
- Dual-Actuator Logging Disk (computer architecture)
- District Agricultural and Livestock Development Officer (Tanzania)
- Dorch Adult Logistic Distribution Services
- DePaul Alliance for Latino Empowerment (Chicago, IL)
- Directorate of Ammunition, Logistics & Engineering
- Drug Abuse Law Enforcement
- Deputy for Army Logistics Enterprise Integration
- Documentation Automation Lookup and Exchange System
- Denver Area Labor Federation (Colorado)
- Digital Archive of Letters by Flemish Authors and Composers from the 19th and 20th Century
- Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française (French)
- Drive Average Load Factor
- Diffusion d'Abonnements de la Librairie Georg (French: Distribution of George Library Subscriptions; Switzerland)
- Derbyshire Aggregates Levy Grant Scheme (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Unlike studies of longevity that simply measure mortality rates, the WHO study uses a new indicator, the Disability Adjusted Life Expectancy (DALE).
For example, Japan's average healthy life expectancy based on the WHO's Disability Adjusted Life Expectancy indicator is 71.