Mumbai In an advisory given to merchant vessels in the wake of a recent firing incident in which two fishermen were killed off Kochi coast, the Directorate General of Shipping has asked them to exercise extreme caution when approaching within 50 nautical miles from the Indian coast.
What does DG-S stand for?
DG-S stands for Directorate General of Shipping (India)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 146 other meanings of DG-S in our Acronym Attic
- Directorate-General of Justice, Freedom and Security (EU)
- Director General Peacekeeping Operations/Department of Peacekeeping Operations (Canada)
- Elizabeth II, By the Grace of God Queen and Defender of the Faith (inscription on British coins)
- Downgrade to Confidential
- Downgrade to Secret
- Double-Grid Finite Difference Frequency Domain (electromagnetics)
- Dual-Grid Finite-Difference Time-Domain (electrical engineering)
- Discontinuous Galerkin Finite-Element Method
- Double Gate Field Effect Transistor
- Discontinuous Galerkin Finite-Element Time Domain (electromagnetic method)
- Digital Government Dot Org (National Science Foundation research program)
- Dangerous Goods/Cargo Security (FEMA)
- Distance Geometry and Simulated Annealing (supramolecular chemistry)
- Directional Gyros/Vertical Gyros
- Data Group 1 (TDRSS)
- Designed Globin-1
- Desmosomal Glycoprotein 1 (gene)
- Dichloran-18-Glycerol Agar
- Damn Good Airplane (series of high-performance aircraft built by Benny Howard)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The vessel, MT Fairchem Bogey, is proceeding to a safe port, the Directorate General of Shipping, which regulates shipping activity, said in a statement late on Saturday.
The Indian Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) has also confirmed the hijacking of the tanker.
According to the Directorate General of Shipping, as many as 215 Indian crew were among those whose ships were hijacked and 136 of them have so far been released.
An official of India's Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) said the tanker was heading towards the Somalian coast.
The proposal to set up Indian Maritime Causality Investigation Cell in the Directorate General of Shipping, Mumbai, to ensure systematic improvement in accidents prevention, is under active consideration in the Ministry.
Having put the ship owner, ship manager and the local ship agent on notice under sections 356 J & K of Merchant Shipping Act, 1958 (dealing with measures to prevent sea pollution), the federal Directorate General of Shipping is making efforts to contact the owner and insurer of the ship.