According to official sources, more than 700,000 tuberculosis patients were treated free of charge while 100 coverage of WHO-recommended treatment strategy for detection and cure known as Directly Observed Treatment, Short-course (DOTS) was achieved in the country.
What does DOT stand for?
DOT stands for Directly Observed Treatment (tuberculosis)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DOT
We have 201 other meanings of DOT in our Acronym Attic
- Designating Optical Tracker
- Dicapo Opera Theatre (New York, NY)
- Dictionary Of Occupational Titles
- Diffuse Optical Tomography
- Digital Oligonucleotide Tiling
- Digital Opportunity Task Force
- Digital Optical Tape
- Diocese of Torit
- Direction of Travel
- Directly Observed Therapy
- Director of Technology
- Director Of Training
- Director On Target
- Directory of Trades
- Discovery on Target (medical discovery conference)
- Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate
- Distributed Object Technology
- Distribution Oriented Technologies (Jordan, Amman)
- Division of Transportation (various locations)
- Division Officer Training
Samples in periodicals archive:
Project Start : 2011 Project End : 2016 Status : ongoing Location : Ethiopia Scope of work : Assist local health offices in prevention and control of TB to reduce mortality and morbidity due to TB Expand and enhance Directly Observed Treatment Short-course (DOTS) Assist selected zones in reaching case detection of 70% and exceed treatment success rate of 85% Assist local health offices in establishing a courier system to transport samples of suspected Multi-Drug Resistant (MDR) TB cases to culture centers and deliver reports back to patients The project focuses on community-based TB care, especially through the expansion of the DOTS program and the existing Health Extension Program (HEP).
A total number of 8329 cases have been registered and treated under Directly Observed Treatment Short Course (DOTS) by the program during the 3rd quarter 2011.
4) In South Africa important public policy principles such as community involvement and the role played by volunteers in supporting family members and helping patients remain in treatment (5) must be incorporated into mental health assertive outreach systems, just as they have in key programmes such as directly observed treatment for tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS voluntary counselling and testing.
Following the successful implementation of directly observed treatment, short-course (DOTS) strategy in tuberculosis control programmes, many patients are surviving with disability of varying intensity due to pulmonary impairment after treatment (20).
The cost-effectiveness of short-course drug therapy for TB has been central to the global promotion of directly observed treatment short course (DOTS) by the World Health Organization.
To the Editor: The directly observed treatment strategy (DOTS) for tuberculosis (TB) treatment has been implemented in Ghana since 1994.