Recent discussions have centered on a perceived inability of the regional combatant commander (COCOM) to effectively carry out directive authority for logistics (DAFL).
What does DAFL stand for?
DAFL stands for Directive Authority for Logistics
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DAFL
We have 1 other meaning of DAFL in our Acronym Attic
- Deutsch-Arabische Freundschaftsgesellschaft e.V. (German: German-Arab Friendship Society e.V.)
- Diesel and Alternative Fuels Grants Scheme (Australia)
- Dar Al Fouad Hospital (Egypt)
- Digital Adaptive Fine Image
- Digital Automatic Flight Inlet Control System
- Digital Aeronautical Flight Information File
- Departmental Accounting & Financial Information System
- Dallas Amateur Football League (Texas)
- Danish Australian Football League
- Direction des Affaires Financières et de la Logistique (French: Department of Financial Affairs and Logistics)
- Du-Art Film Labs, Inc. (Detroit, MI)
- Define At First Mention
- Department of Administration, Finance and Management (UN)
- Deployment Airlift Force Mix
- DieAwayFromMe (Cambridge, Massachusetts band)
- Diploma in Animation Film Making (India)
- Distal Accessory Flexor Muscle
- Division of Animal and Food Microbiology
- Duct Air Flow Measuring Probe (Dwyer Instruments, Inc.)
- Dictionary of American Family Names
Samples in periodicals archive:
When establishing a JTLC, the COCOM must empower the JTLC commander with a clearly specified level of directive authority for logistics (DAFL) necessary to fulfill the mission and roles assigned.
The lack of synthesized end-to-end, real-time theater information on assets (including both at-rest and intransit items) across all components, undercuts the ability of the combatant commander (COCOM) to exercise directive authority for logistics.