The new system "combines kinetic and directed energy weapons capability," said Michael Rinn, vice president of Boeing directed energy systems.
What does DEW stand for?
DEW stands for Directed Energy Weapon
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DEW
We have 31 other meanings of DEW in our Acronym Attic
- Defense Early Warning
- Defensive Electronic Warfare
- Department of Energy and Water
- Department of Environment and Water Resources (Australia)
- Deutsche Edelstahlwerke
- Developing the Economy from Within
- Diamond Equivalent Weight (jewelry)
- Digital Ethnography Workgroup
- Directed Early Warning
- Directed Energy Warfare
- Directors' Early Warning
- Distant Early Warning (Line)
- Donald E. Westlake (novelist)
- Dortmunder Energie Und Wasser (German: Dortmund Energy and Water)
- Distant Early Warning Line
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area (US National Park Service)
- Division of Early Warning and Assessment
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
- Daring Enterprise With A Journey (blog)
- Department of Employment and Workplace Relations (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We are learning a ton from this program-how to integrate and work with directed energy weapons.
The E-Bomb: How America's New Directed Energy Weapons Will Change the Way Future Wars Will Be Fought by Doug Beason.
The YBCO conductor allows compact power for magnets critical to directed energy weapons.
9780306815065 The e-bomb; how America's new directed energy weapons will change the way future wars will be fought.
The detailed checklists and procedures enable you to plan for, respond to, and recover from incidents involving unconventional threats, whether radiological "dirty" bombs, pipe bombs, vehicle bombs, surface-to-air missiles, nuclear devices, or directed energy weapons.
The Mthel programme is focusing on developing and testing directed energy weapon systems capable of detecting, and defeating rockets, artillery and mortars, cruise missiles, short-range ballistic missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles.