The researchers asked pairs of strangers to sit together in private booths where a book had been placed out of their direct line of sight.
What does DLOS stand for?
DLOS stands for Direct Line of Sight
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DLOS
We have 8 other meanings of DLOS in our Acronym Attic
- Disturbed Line Of Sight
- Divisible Load Overweight Permit (New York)
- Dimensions of the Learning Organization Questionnaire
- Developmental Level of Object Representation
- Downward Light Output Ratio
- Distributed Learning Object Repository Network
- Data Link Operational Requirements Team (FAA)
- Dark Lord of the Sith (Star Wars game)
- Date of Loss (US Army)
- Dedicated Loan Origination and Servicing
- Dismounted Line of Sight
- Division Logistics Organization Structure
- Dropping Last Outwards Sea Pilot (maritime business)
- Distance Learning and Outreach Technology (Auburn University; Auburn, AL)
- Download over the Air (software)
- Democratic Latino Organization of Virginia
- Dairy, Livestock and Poultry (USDA)
- Dark Lord Potter (discussion forum)
- Data Leak Prevention
- Data Life Plus
Samples in periodicals archive:
On the day the Games opened, Mr Cameron joked about not having a direct line of sight from No10 to see the beach volleyball, which has the stunning backdrop of Big Ben, Downing Street and the London Eye.
Sites with direct line of sight of the development within include Hedgehope Hill, Loundon Hill, Cochrane Pike, Simonside View Point, Lordenshaws/Garleigh Moor and Corsenside.
In the 1980s, the boards offered one-size-fits-all information, and if you weren't in the board's direct line of sight, you had a problem.
The antenna needs to be on the exterior of the building because it needs to have a southern exposure and a direct line of sight," Ms.
The proposed turbines would cause problems because they would be in direct line of sight of the defence radar station at Brizlee Wood, near Alnwick, he said.
The operating principle of the LM80 transmitter is based upon it measuring the distance to solid objects or opaque liquids, while as an 'optical' instrument, it requires a direct line of sight to 'see' the material, although it is capable of measuring through light or medium dust.
The ergonomically designed operator platform provides excellent visibility to the work site, and a narrow, modular dashboard gives the operator a direct line of sight to the cutting edge.