Foundries using a scrap pre-heater will have to employ direct flame impingement or an afterburner operating at 800F (427C) on that process.
What does DFI stand for?
DFI stands for Direct Flame Impingement
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DFI
We have 151 other meanings of DFI in our Acronym Attic
- Diabetic Foot Infection
- Diagnostic Fault Isolation
- Diamond Flower Instrument
- Dietary Fructose Intolerance (digestion)
- Different Flipping Idea (polite form)
- Digital Facility Interface
- Digital Filmmaking Institute (various locations)
- Digital Filter Initialization
- Digital Frog International (software; Ontario, Canada)
- Digital Fuel Injection
- Direct Flights International (Australia)
- Direct Fluid Indicator (geology)
- Direct Foreign Investment
- Direct Fuel Injection
- Discount From Invoice
- Disease-Free Interval
- Diversified Fixed Interest (finance; Australia)
- Documentary Film Institute
- Dom Finance et Investissement (French investment company)
- Dr Foster Intelligence (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This stem was specifically formulated to resist direct flame impingement.
Direct flame impingement on the aluminum melt develops high melt surface temperatures, while water vapor increases the potential of oxygen over the melt and induced metal turbulence enhances surface renewal.
Spinels usually form a thick film or cluster and are created by high melt surface temperatures from direct flame impingement.