De Martin were encouraged by their commanding officers to submit individual direct commission officer packages because the responsibilities each petty officer is typically held by a lieutenant in the Supply Corps.
What does DCO stand for?
DCO stands for Direct Commission Officer
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DCO
We have 118 other meanings of DCO in our Acronym Attic
- Developer's Certificate of Origin (Linux)
- Development Consent Order (UK)
- Developmental Center of the Ozarks (Springfield, MO)
- Développement et Conception de l'Ouest (French: Design and Development of the West)
- Dial Central Office
- Digital Central Office
- Digitally Controlled Oscillator
- Diluted Crude Oil
- Direct Capture of Objectives
- Direct Chemical Oxidation
- Direct Contact Overlay (picture framing)
- Director Combat Operations (USAF)
- Director Controller
- Director of Campus Operations (various organizations)
- Director of Christian Outreach (Concordia University; Minnesota)
- Disaster Control Officer
- Distal Clavicular Osteolysis (osteology)
- Distillers Corn Oil (feed)
- Distributed Cooperative Object
- District Commodore
Samples in periodicals archive:
Naval Academy, Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (NROTC), Officer Candidate School (OCS), Direct Commission Officer (DCO) School, Limited Duty Officer (LDO)/Chief Warrant Officer (CWO)-all officers share that common bond-a naval commission.
Sources of strength for the Reserve Supply Corps There are two primary sources of 'new' Reserve Supply Corps officers: Direct Commission Officers (DCO), and Navy Veterans (NAVETS).