Active devices and components must be removed from their traditionally large packages and assembled directly onto a substrate designed to accept direct chip attach.
What does DCA stand for?
DCA stands for Direct Chip Attach
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of DCA
We have 356 other meanings of DCA in our Acronym Attic
- Digaredoo Club of America
- Digital Channel Allocation (transportation)
- Digital Command Assembly
- Digital Communications Analyzer
- Digital Communications Associates
- Digital Computer Association
- Digital Computing Association
- Digital Controlled Amplifier
- Direct Channel Assignment
- Direct Charitable Activity
- Direct Cite Authorization
- Direct Clustering Algorithm
- Direct Connect Architecture
- Direct Current Amperage
- Directional Coronary Atherectomy
- Directional/Channel Assignment
- Director of Civil Aviation
- Director of Community Activities
- Director of Consumer Affairs
- Directorate of Cadet Activities (US Military Academy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The simple handling in terms of tolerances compared to direct chip attach is the main advantage in using strap technology.
By only modifying the top metal layer, the chip design can be re-configured for flip-chip, wire-bond or direct chip attach interconnect solutions.
With this acquisition Mentor gains technology and additional expertise in multi-chip modules, hybrid, radio frequency, integrated circuit package, embedded component and direct chip attach design.
The die can then be placed directly face down onto the substrate as a flip chip on board or direct chip attach or assembled as a flip chip in package such as a BGA or CSP.
The Quad APS-1 Assembler is a flexible, high precision pick and place system that can be configured for a wide variety of advanced SMT and semiconductor die attach processes including Direct Chip Attach and Flip Chip Bonding on bismaleamide terapthallate BT, FR-4, Polyester, Polyimide, Lead Frame and Ceramic substrates.
ASAT's MSP family can accommodate conventional chip and wire processing with gold wire bonding, eutectic flip chip for direct chip attach, or "known good package" assembly utilizing QFN and other plastic packaging techniques.
Government's Microelectronics Research Lab to develop processes for the manufacturing of ultra-thin direct chip attach flip chip assemblies using commercial flex substrates.