I was thinking that it was extremely odd that a member of the Diplomatic Protection Group would threaten to arrest one of the three ministers who work in Downing Street.
What does DPG stand for?
DPG stands for Diplomatic Protection Group (Metropolitan Police of London)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DPG
We have 128 other meanings of DPG in our Acronym Attic
- Deutsche Physiologische Gesellschaft (German)
- Deutsche Phytomedizinische Gesellschaft (German Phytomedical Society, Berlin)
- Deutsche Postgewerkschaft (German mail workers labor union)
- Development Promotion Group (India)
- Dietetic Practice Group
- Differential Pressure Gauge(s)
- Diffuse Pontine Glioma (brain tumor)
- Digital Pattern Generator
- Diphenyl Guanidine (rubber accelerator)
- Dipropylene Glycol
- Direct Paintball Gear
- Direction de la Police Générale (French: General Directorate of Police)
- Director's Planning Guidance
- Directorate of Public Grievances (India)
- Disabled Persons Grant (Ireland)
- Discovery and Pipeline Genetics
- Display Products Group (various companies)
- Disqualifié pour Avoir Passé le Poteau au Galop (French horse racing)
- Divephotoguide.com (Underwater Holdings, LLC website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But the Scotland Yard shake-up which removes back-up officer support for the Royal and Diplomatic Protection Group went ahead as planned.
He also said the officers at the gate were undermined by colleagues in the Diplomatic Protection Group, who leaked the log of the incident to the media, and by the actions of Pc Keith Wallis, who was last week jailed for 12 months for lying about witnessing the incident.
The Metropolitan Police commissioner issued the embarrassing apology after a constable in the Diplomatic Protection Group pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to falsely claiming he witnessed the infamous Downing Street row between police officers and the former government chief whip.
In a letter to MP Keith Vaz, Metropolitan Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Patricia Gallan con-firmed the mounting cost of the inquiry, which has seen statements taken from all 800 officers in the Diplomatic Protection Group.
A 37-year-old police constable in the diplomatic protection group has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public officer over the Andrew Mitchell "Plebgate" affair, Scotland Yard said.
A DIPLOMATIC protection group police officer has been arrested over the Andrew Mitchell 'Plebgate' affair.
A DIPLOMATIC protection group police officer has been arrested in connection with the Andrew Mitchell "Plebgate" affair following fresh information, Scotland Yard has confirmed.