Of the 50 people he surveyed, 43 supported a ban, six were unsure, and only one realized that dihydrogen monoxide is H2O, or water.
What does H2O stand for?
H2O stands for Dihydrogen Monoxide (water)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of H2O
We have 14 other meanings of H2O in our Acronym Attic
- Him to Her
- Host to Host
- House 2 Home (various organizations)
- Human to Human (information technology, business process management)
- Human to Human (transmission of disease)
- Hummer 2 Hydrogen (GM experimental hydrogen fuel cell-powered SUV)
- Hackers 2 Hackers Conference
- Hope to Hear from You Soon (chat)
- Hell If I Know (Defying Gravity; TV)
- Hope 2000 (hacker convention)
- Halloween: 20 Years Later (movie)
- Hard 2 Obtain (hip hop)
- Heaven 2 Others (teen center)
- Helping to Overcome (various locations)
- Here 2 Own (Splinter Cell gaming clan)
- Hip-Hop Odyssey
- Hope 2 Others (ministry; various locations)
- House to Home Ownership (Loan)
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hail to Pitt (University of Pittsburgh fight song; Pittsburgh, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Yet dihydrogen monoxide was also an excellent fire retardant and often found use as an additive to many food products in the supermarket
Dihydrogen monoxide is the scientific term for water.
Zohner asked 50 random people if they would favor a ban on dihydrogen monoxide.
He informed them that dihydrogen monoxide is a component in acid rain.
Yet there is very little public debate about the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide apart from on a few websites.
But even more chilling is the story of young Nathan Zohner who won the Greater Idaho Science Fair by getting 43 of 50 passers by to sign a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide because it can be fatal if inhaled, is a major component of acid rain and can be found in the tumors of terminal cancer patients.