Footnote AFDVD = All Format DVD ASSP = (Application-Specific Standard Product) SoC = System-on-Chip PRML = Partial Response Maximum likelyhood ECC = Error correction code CD = Compact Disc DVD = Digital Versatile Disc CIRC = Cross Interleaved Reed-Solomon Code 1.
What does DVD stand for?
DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc (formerly Digital Video Disc)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DVD
We have 241 other meanings of DVD in our Acronym Attic
- Deer Valley Credit Union (Phoenix, AZ)
- D-Von Dudley (wrestler)
- DC Video Deluxe (skateboarding)
- Death Valley Days (TV show)
- Death Valley Driver (pro wrestling)
- Definitie Van Dopeheid (Dutch: Definition of Permissible Dope)
- Depp Vom Dienst (German: Idiot of Service)
- Deutsche Vereinigung für Datenschutz
- Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia
- Dick Van Dyke (actor)
- Digital Video Disc (now Digital Versatile Disc)
- Digital Video Drive
- Digital Virtual Disk
- Diploma in Venerology & Dermatology (India)
- Direct Vendor Delivery
- Dissociated Vertical Deviation (ophthalmology)
- Divers Droite (France, politics)
- Divide (street type)
- Double-Vessel Disease
- Driver and Vehicle Data Online Access
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Dave McNary Daily News Staff Writer Home video giant Blockbuster, in a major endorsement of the digital versatile disc format, announced Wednesday that it will begin renting DVD players and titles at 500 stores by the end of the year.
DVDs, or digital versatile discs, are the same size as compact discs with seven times the capacity.
gave a major boost Thursday to the fledgling digital versatile disc industry, promising it would start releasing titles on the highly touted format by Christmas.
and two other high-tech companies plan to leave an international consortium to make their own version of digital versatile discs that can record, Sony said Wednesday.
Optical Disc Media, which has fewer than a dozen employees, began churning out digital versatile discs three months ago and is currently one of only three plants in the country where DVDs are produced.
Burbank-based Warner and its allies also plan to start selling DVD, or digital versatile disc, products nationwide in September.
A digital versatile disc music format would mean significantly improved sound over what is available from compact disc players, including multichannel surround sound, the Recording Industry of Association of America said.