But engineer battalions require many of the remaining TBC features, including the Command Post of the Future (CPOF), Maneuver Control System (MCS), Battle Command Sustainment Support System (BCS3), Distributed Common Ground Station-Army (DCGS-A), Digital Topographic Support System (DTSS), and Tactical Ground Reporting (TIGR) System, which does not fall under the Army Battle Command System but has been grouped with the necessary digital systems.
What does DTSS stand for?
DTSS stands for Digital Topographic Support System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of DTSS
We have 38 other meanings of DTSS in our Acronym Attic
- Department of Tourism, Sport and Racing (Queensland, Australia)
- Digital Tape Recorder System
- Digital Temporary Storage Recorder
- Defence Technology and Science Research Centre (Tehran, Iran)
- Dartmouth Time-Sharing Systems Incorporated
- Data Transmission from Survey Ships
- David Thompson Secondary School
- Digital Telephone Switching System
- Digital Time Synchronization Service (NIST)
- Digital Time-Stamping Service
- Digital Transmission Surveillance System
- Digitized Terrain Support System
- Downtown Silver Spring (Maryland)
- Dynamic Tracking Suspension System (Mazda)
- Digital Topographic Support System-Light
- Digital Topographic Support System/Quick Response Multicolor Printer
- District of Timiskaming Social Services Administration Board (Canada)
- Date/Publication Status
- Dial Tone Speed Test
- District Technical Support Team (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Geospatial engineering hardware systems such as the Digital Topographic Support System contain special suites of software (ArcGIS, ERDAS IMAGINE) used by geospatial analysts to visualize the battlespace and analyze the terrain.
Digital Topographic Support System (DTSS)--The DTSS provides automated support for terrain mapping and analysis and creation of topographic products within the timeframes required by today's Army.
Recommendation: Use the Digital Topographic Support System (DTSS) to build and update the MCOO and use in predeployment training at the home station.
With the fielding of the Digital Topographic Support System (DTSS) and the increase in the size of terrain detachments in the heavy divisions and the Stryker Brigade Combat Team (SBCT), many changes in geospatial engineering have occurred over the past five years.
Digital Topographic Support System Our terrain analysts use Army standard commercial off-the-shelf software programs like Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI[TM]), ArcGIS[TM], and Earth Resources Data Analysis System (ERDAS[R]) IMAGINE to analyze, develop, and improve the level of detail found on national-level products.
The Engineer School developed the Digital Topographic Support System (DTSS) to provide engineer terrain teams at the brigade, division, corps, and echelon-above-corps levels with automated assistance performing terrain analysis and creating topographic products.
The fielding of the series of Digital Topographic Support Systems (DTSS) is still on track, and we are dedicated to continue to keep topographic engineering a state-of-the art combat multiplier (see article, page 14).