Erin was also diagnosed with DiGeorge syndrome, a rare chromosomal defect that affects development.
What does DGS stand for?
DGS stands for Digeorge Syndrome
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DGS
We have 146 other meanings of DGS in our Acronym Attic
- Department of General Services
- Deployable Ground Station
- Deployable Ground System
- Deposit Guarantee Scheme (finance)
- Deputy General Secretary (various organizations)
- Design General Specifications (various companies)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Soziologie (German: German Sociological Association)
- Deutschen Gesellschaft für Sonnenenergie eV (German: German Society for Solar Energy)
- Device Ground Sense
- Diego Garcia (space launch ground station)
- Digital Goods Seller (web program)
- Digital Government Society
- Digital Station
- Dikey Gecis Sinavi (Turkish: Vertical Transfer Examination)
- Diminished Gluteal Syndrome (King of the Hill)
- Diocesan Girls' School
- Diocese of the Good Shepherd
- Direction Générale de la Santé (French: General Directorate of Health)
- Direction Générale des Services (French: General Directorate of Services)
- Director of Graduate Studies (various university departments)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ken Davies and Becky Coy thanked the team of medics who kept their daughter''s heart beating after she was born with rare condition, DiGeorge syndrome.
In this paper, Quake's group elegantly shows how sequencing of the exome can show that a fetus has inherited DiGeorge syndrome from its mother," she stated.
The children who attend the Greatwood classes have dyslexia, Asperger's syndrome, autism, ADHD, Juvenile Alexander Syndrome (neurodegenerative), DiGeorge syndrome (manifold frailties) and many other social and emotional behavioural disorders.
A subsequent report described a patient with DiGeorge syndrome with 22q11 deletion (10) who presented at age 18 years with symptoms of hypocalcemia and thyrotoxicosis.
Our second patient is a healthy 30-year-old man whose nephew was recently diagnosed with two genetic conditions: DiGeorge syndrome and I-cell disease.
Mrs McElrue's fivemonth-old grandchild, Kieria Moore, of South Shields, was born with DiGeorge syndrome and this has resulted in multiple heart defects.
Mrs McElrue's five-month-old grandchild, Kieria Moore, was born with DiGeorge syndrome and this has resulted in multiple heart defects.