Diffusion tensor imaging showed significantly higher axial diffusivity--thought to be a measure of axonal integrity--among epsilon-4--positive than--negative volunteers.
What does DTI stand for?
DTI stands for Diffusion Tensor Imaging
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DTI
We have 193 other meanings of DTI in our Acronym Attic
- Delivery Ticket Invoice
- Demand to Inquiry
- Departamento Tecnico de Investigacion
- Department of Trade and Industry
- Desktop Item
- Detective Training Institute
- Detroit, Toledo, & Ironton (Railroad)
- Diagnostics Techniques Immobiliers (French: Real Estate Diagnostic Techniques)
- Dial Test Indicator (mechanical measuring device used in machining)
- Diesel Turbo Intercooler (automobile)
- Digital Technologies, Inc.
- Digital Technology International (news publishing; various locations)
- Digital Test Interface (Tollgrade)
- Digital Trunk Interface
- Digital Trunk Interface Frame (Sprint)
- Direcção de Tecnologias de Informação (Portuguese: Directorate of Information Technologies)
- Direct Tension Indicator (Applied Bolting Technology Products, Inc.)
- Direct Thrombin Inhibitor
- Direct Trader Input
- Directed Technologies, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
Multimodal MRI techniques include diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI), perfusion-weighted imaging (PWI), MR spectroscopy (MRS), diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) and functional MRI (fMRI).
Within two weeks of their injuries, the patients underwent diffusion tensor imaging (DTI), which "sees" the movement of water molecules within and along axons, the nerve fibers that constitute the brain's white matter.
To reach their findings, researchers used a magnetic resonance technique called diffusion tensor imaging on 32 amateur football players.
The auditory area of her brain started taking over the somatosensory area," says Ro, who used diffusion tensor imaging, which focuses on the brain's white matter connections, to spot the change.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] [FIGURE 2 OMITTED] [FIGURE 3 OMITTED] [FIGURE 4 OMITTED] [FIGURE 5 OMITTED] Diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) assists in assessing the integrity and orientation of white matter tracts leveraging their inherent ordering or anisotropy.
1) Complementary use of the high-resolution technique known as diffusion tensor imaging helped boost the normally poor tissue contrast provided in immature mouse brain samples by MRI alone.
Animal studies using magnetic resonance (MR)-based imaging technologies, including MR imaging (MRI), diffusion tensor imaging (DTI), and MR spectroscopy (MRS) provide important insight into alcohol's early effects on the fetal brain.