2 billion tablets of the lymphatic filariasis medicine diethylcarbamazine (DEC) and supply them to the World Health Organization (WHO) at price zero.
What does DEC stand for?
DEC stands for Diethylcarbamazine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DEC
We have 311 other meanings of DEC in our Acronym Attic
- Dévéloppement Économique Canada pour les Régions du Québec (French)
- Device Clear
- Devon Energy Corporation (various locations)
- Diabetes Education Center
- Diagnostic Expertise Conseil (French: Diagnostic Expertise Consulting)
- Diamond Edge Communications
- Diamond Entertainment Corporation (video company)
- Dictionnaire Explicatif et Combinatoire (French: Explanatory Combinatorial Dictionary)
- Dietary Energy Consumption (food security)
- Diethyl Carbonate
- Digital Effects Control (photography, used in digital cameras color settings)
- Digital Electronic Control
- Digital Engine Control
- Digital Entertainment Center (various companies)
- Digital Equipment Corporation
- Digital Extended Command
- Dingwall Evangelical Church (UK)
- Diplôme d'Etudes Chorégraphiques (French: Diploma of Choreography Studies)
- Diplôme d'Etudes Collégiales (French: College Diploma; Canada)
- Diplôme d'Etudes Complémentaires (French: Complementary Diploma; Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Existing antifilarial drugs diethylcarbamazine (DEC), ivermectin and albendazole are being used for the control for human filariasis, of which diethylcarbamazine and ivermectin, are principally microfilaricidal with limited or no action on adult parasites (Sashidhara et al.
Coverage and compliance to diethylcarbamazine in relation to Filaria Prevention Assistants in rural Puducherry, India.
Annual single-dose diethylcarbamazine plus ivermectin for control of bancroftian filariasis: comparative efficacy with and without vector control.
The intervention was annual MDA with diethylcarbamazine (DEC) and albendazole.
Another drug, called diethylcarbamazine, can cure many cases, but it can't be used in many parts of Africa because it causes severe side effects in people harboring the parasite that causes river blindness, says James W.
Drug treatment in the form of diethylcarbamazine and suramin is effective.
2 billion 100 mg tablets of diethylcarbamazine (generic name, "DEC"), a medicine used to treat lymphatic filariasis, in accordance with the high-quality standards of WHO, over a six-year period between 2012 and 2017.