In the Diet and Reinfarction Trial (DART), men with recent MI showed that omega-3 PUFA either in dietary oily fish or fish oil capsules, but far more in the fish oil capsules, reduced 20-year all-cause mortality by 29% and mostly all due to reduction in CHD mortality.
What does DART stand for?
DART stands for Diet and Reinfarction Trial
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DART
We have 181 other meanings of DART in our Acronym Attic
- Design and Analysis for Real Time Systems
- Detection Action & Response Technique
- Developing Active Regions and Sustainable Tourism
- Developmental And Reproductive Toxicology (database)
- Deviation Authorization Request Tool (Cisco Systems)
- Dexterous Anthropomorphic Robotic Testbed (NASA robot)
- Diabetes Australia Research Trust
- Diagnostic and Recovery Tool (software)
- Diagnostic and Reprogramming Tool (Chrysler)
- Dial A Ride Transportation (community transit)
- Digital Arts and Multimedia Design
- Digital Audio Recording Technology (US Copyright Office)
- Digital Audio Restoration Technology
- Direct Access Repository Toolkit
- Direct Access Responsive Transit (Dublin, California, US)
- Direct Action Response Team
- Direct Advisory of Recorded Transactions
- Directed Automated Random Testing (software testing)
- Directional Automatic Realignment of Trajectory
- Director of Army Research and Technology
Samples in periodicals archive:
The evidence showing that omega-3 fatty acids stabilize heart rhythms dates back nearly 20 years to the Diet and Reinfarction Trial (DART).
Vogel said that one of his favorite studies in this field is the earlier and less well-known Diet and Reinfarction Trial.